Sunday, February 12, 2012

Warhol Valentines!



 It's almost V day! And who better to consult in the matter of love than Andy himself?
It may not be the usual Valentine's Day mush, but his thoughts on love are worthy for any Valentine card. 
Well, maybe if your valentine is as realistic as I am..


"I don't really believe in love.. I sort of believe in liking"


"Fantasy love is much better than reality love. 
Never doing it is very exciting. The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet."
 
"I don't really know if I was ever capable of love, but after the 60s I never thought in terms of "love" again."

  “Fantasy love is much better than Reality Love.” 

“Everyone winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight.” 

"There should be a course in first grade on love."

“I wonder if it's possible to have a love affair that lasts forever.”

“People should fall in love with their eyes closed. Just close your eyes. Don’t look and it’s magic”

2 comments:

  1. I dig the Velvet Underground one with Nico. Fascinating post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why have i never heard these quotes before? or was i simply NOT paying attention, when i should have been? you dear michelle elizabeth rock, for you showed us something different, from all the cliches. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello darling! Thanks for commenting! Be sure to tell me when you follow, so I can follow you back! Lots of hugs and kisses, Mod Fox.

Sponsors!